- March 28 – 10th & Page Neighborhood Association holds first campaign forum of the 2006 City Council election 
- April 10 – NAACP Albemarle-Charlottesville Branch holds second candidate forum for Charlottesville City Council 
- April 12 – League of Women Voters of the Charlottesville Area hold third campaign forum for three candidates in the May 2, 2006 election 
- April 26 – Various environmental groups hold fourth and final campaign forum for the Charlottesville City Council race 
- September 5 – The Albemarle Planning Commission held a Work Session to discuss the preliminary draft recommendations and maps of the Pantops Master Plan, with an emphasis on Transportation and neighborhood connections in Pantops. The Executive Summary report cited a priority of the Pantops Master Plan was to improve linkages to the City of Charlottesville and noted "road crossings of the Rivanna River, south of Free Bridge, have been explored, including a connector to High Street from the Pantops Shopping Center and a connection from State Farm Boulevard to Market Street.
- October 31 – The Draft Pantops Master Plan was issued on this day, among the items recommended for consideration - a Eastern Connector and a second Rivanna River Crossing south of Free Bridge into City of Charlottesville. The draft Master Plan also recommended future improvements at Rt.250/Rt 20 and the I-64 Interchange and the relocation of Hansen’s Mountain Road. The final Pantops Master Plan was adopted on March 17, 2008; amended on July 16, 2011 and again on June 10, 2015.
- December 30 – The Hardware Store restaurant the on Downtown Mall closes 
- Web. City Council Candidate Forum #1, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 29, 2006, retrieved April 10, 2021.
- Web. City Council Candidate Forum #2, News Article, April 12, 2006, retrieved April 10, 2021.
- Web. City Council Candidate Forum #3, News Article, April 12, 2006, retrieved April 10, 2021.
- Web. City Council Candidate Forum #4, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, April 26, 2006, retrieved April 8, 2021.
- https://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/forms_center/departments/community_development/forms/Pantops_Master_Plan/PMP_Approved_Plan_3-17-08.pdf on September 5, 2006 page 6
- http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/forms_center/departments/community_development/forms/pantops_master_plan/pantops-master-plan-green-infrastructure-transportation.pdf Page 31
- Web. Old reliable: Hardware Store bids adieu, Dave McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, January 4, 2007 Print. January 4, 2007 , 601, .
- Web. Linda Irene Peacock, Obituary, Daily Progress, retrieved January 20, 2022.