1011 East Jefferson
Charlottesville City Council approved a special use permit on July 5, 2017 for the Great Eastern Management Company to build a large apartment at 1011 East Jefferson Street.  The site is currently home to a doctor's office. 
The property is located within the city's B-1 zoning district, which allows for many different kinds of uses. A special-use permit is required for the residential density requested by GEMC.
Many nearby residents protested this increase. 
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- March 15, 2016: Community meeting at architect's office
- October 11, 2016: Planning Commission public hearing 
- July 5, 2017: Council votes 3-2 to approve permit 
- Kuly 5, 2018: Little High Neighborhood Association files lawsuit
- Web. Council narrowly approves special use permit for East Jefferson Place, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, July 6, 2017, retrieved January 17, 2019.
- Web. Developer seeks 104 units in Little High neighborhood, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, Developer seeks 104 units in Little High neighborhood, retrieved December 29, 2016.
- Web. Density issue: Big apartments near Little High chafe residents, Lisa Provence, News Article, C-Ville Weekly, April 5, 2016, retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Web. Neighborhoods present united front against density on East Jefferson, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, October 11, 2016, retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Web. Little High Neighborhood Association sues city over project permit, Chris Suarez, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, July 5, 2018, retrieved 2019-01-19.
- City's Plea in Bar