1000-1002 Grove Street is a one-third acre vacant lot in Fifeville zoned for a Planned Unit Development. Two 2-story houses constructed in the early 1890s were located on the site until their demolition in 2007.
In 2006, it was the site of a proposed six-home infill PUD by Mark Saunders and V.G. Sullivan. The application was recommended for denial by a 4-2 vote of the Planning Commission on July 11, 2006 amid neighborhood opposition, but was subsequently approved by Council 4-2 on October 2, 2006. One month later, City Council approved an amendment to the PUD ordinance requiring new PUDs to sit on a minimum of 2 acres.
In 2014 the developer, Dickerson Homes, submitted an amendment to the PUD and a new preliminary site plan application. The application was denied on the grounds that it didn't meet the 2 acre minimum and the deviation was too great to qualify for vested rights. The decision was appealed to the Planning Commission at its July 8, 2014 meeting.
|This Neighborhood article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Agenda: September 18, 2006 City Council meeting (first reading)
- Minutes: September 18, 2006 City Council (first reading)
- Agenda: October 2, 2006 City Council meeting (second reading)
- Minutes: October 2, 2006 City Council (second reading)
- Web. National Register of Historic Places Registration Form for Fifeville-Castle Hill Historic District, City of Charlottesville Department of Neighborhood Development Services, March 2007, retrieved 2019-01-19.
- Web. Fifeville project raises questions about infill, Will Goldsmith, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, July 24, 2006, retrieved 2019-01-19.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, October 2, 2006.
- Web. Planners deny, defer two Fifeville projects, Will Goldsmith, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, July 17, 2006, retrieved 2019-01-19.
- Web. Agenda for July 8, 2014 Charlottesville Planning Commission, City of Charlottesville, July 8, 2014., retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Web. Charlottesville Planning Commission meeting minutes, .pdf, City of Charlottesville, April 12, 2016.
- Web. Planning Commission Agenda, City of Charlottesville, April 12, 2016, retrieved 2019-01-19.
- Web. [https://web.archive.org/web/20190516001629/https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1000-1002-Grove-St_Charlottesville_VA_22903_M57393-20015 1000-1002 Grove St, Presented by: V.G. Sullivan, Brokered by: Long & Foster], Realtor.com, 2019-05-15, retrieved 2019-05-15.